CSS

Saturday, August 1, 2009

LaTeX on Blogger

The easiest way to get LaTeX on blogger is to go get Tex2im which converts (on your computer) a TeX equation into a png via the command line. If I can get this method working, I'll post an update on how to get it working.

Perhaps some $\[ \LaTeX{} \]$ would work? Consider:

$\sum_{i=1}^nx_iy_i$

which was purely inlined code, but when doing displaystyle, suddenly it looks like

$\displaystyle{\sum_{i=1}^nx_iy_i}$

There's not that much of a difference, eh? C'est la vie.

Yes, the watchmath.com approach to putting $\LaTeX$ on blogger works, BUT! there is one thing to note: if you are a smart guy like me and fiddle around with your css code, FIRST get the TeX working, and then fiddle all you want.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, the default is already displaystyle, if you want to force it to have textstyle use the command \textstyle in front of your latex code.
    ${\textstyle \sum_{i=1}^n x_iy_i}$ gives you $\textstyle \sum_{i=1}^n x_iy_i$.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that explains it! It's good to know, although most of my $\TeX{}$-nical stuff would require display style.

    The major time consuming problem I was having was, being the foolish fellow I was, I tinkered the CSS code first and then added the javascript code for LaTeX.

    The trick was to get $\LaTeX{}$ working first, then do my tinkering around with the CSS style. Live and learn...

    ReplyDelete